This quick demonstration shows how to build an Online DFM Checker that runs directly in your browser – in less than 10 minutes! This example is based on the Build an Online Gerber Viewer. By changing just a few lines of code, you can transform the ability from a viewer to a full-featured DFM Checker that outputs both PDF and TEXT reports.
No Web experience is Necessary. All you need is a CloudDFM account, and the ability to write a simple Matrix File (which tells CloudDFM what to do).
- Contact us to request your Free 90-day CloudDFM Professional Plan
Here's a sample tutorial movie:
Note: CloudDFM offers endless web customization options. You can add drag/drop files, additional layers, customize the appearance, import ODB++ (which doesn't require layer setup), or embed into a web framework such as Node.js, Python, etc.
Ready to Get Started?
1. Create a CloudDFM account
2. Login to CloudDFM using your account
Once you have logged into CloudDFM, you will be taken to the Dashboard.
3. Get your CloudDFM API Key
From the left menu select "Keys". Your API Key will be displayed – copy this key because you will need to paste it in the next step.
4. Paste your CloudDFM key in the sample HTML (below)
Copy the entire source code below and paste it into any Text editor. Replace YOUR-CLOUDDFM-TOKEN with your CloudDFM key, and save that as a file named: index.html
Note: Here's the link to the HTML source
5. Open a browser and point to the index.html local file.
The easiest way to do this is open any File Explorer, navigate to the location of your modified index.html, right-click and select Open...
- This example only loads 5 gerber/nc files - each individually - and lets you assign the layer types. With a little programming it's easy to add Drag-and-Drop for multiple file selection and more. Visit our GitHub for more examples