New releases of 3D Modeling software like CATIA (or other 3D modeling software) no longer support drivers for legacy many Plotters such as GSI (Gerber Scientific). These are reliable wide area plotters that were built to last, however without the drivers many companies find themselves stuck without the ability to continue using their plotters.
Fortunately ACE Translator 3000 has the ability to convert any PDF, DXF, DWG, and HPGL to an optimized file that can be easily loaded into any legacy plotter.
Perform GSI Plotter Conversion using ACE:
ACE is a very easy to use Translator tool that convert any CAD file to legacy GSI plotter in 4 steps. After generating your file from CATIA (or other 3D modeling software), perform the following:
- Start ACE.
- Select the Import Format (choose from PDF, DXF, DWG, HPGL, etc).
- For the Export Format - select "Plotter".
- Click the button "Next", and select your CAD file to import.
- Verify the Import Settings, and press Next.
- Verify the Export Settings. Choose the GSI Plotter you have, and the origin. Press Next. Note: ACE will now import the file.
- Press Next and select the folder where you'd like your GSI Gerber file exported to.
That's it, ACE has converted your file for the GSI Plotter.
Besides outputting to the GSI plotter, ACE can also convert a wide range of other file formats that your engineering department may find useful.