Perfect for visual presentations, building enclosures, and collaboration with colleagues.
This blog post describes how to easily make a 3D STEP (AP214 or AP242) model of your PCB design in less than one minute. There are many benefits to generating a 3D STEP model of your PCB with components, and here's a few:
- Making an ideal visual presentation of your device.
- Share your device with colleagues and/or Mechanical Engineering.
- Used to build an accurate enclosure for your PCB.
- Makes modelling PCB assemblies painless and accurate.
All you need is an IPC-2581, ODB++ file, or Gerber files. It's all really quite easy with FAB 3000, and involves very little user input. Please view the only steps required:
- Import your IPC-2581, ODB++ file, or Gerber files into FAB 3000.
- Export to a 3D STEP file.
- Make sure to choose "Components Only" from the Layer Options dropdown box.
- Select the file name and location you wish to save your STEP file, and that's it!
Here's a sample movie tutorial (no sound) which shows how easily and quickly it can be done with FAB 3000.
Note: Gerbers files have limited information, so FAB 3000 will require you to first extract the components. If you have a Netlist file FAB 3000 can extract the components with just a few clicks. See this blog post for more details: http://www.numericalinnovations.com/blogs/news/how-to-generate-a-centroid-file-aka-pick-and-place-for-any-pcb-in-less-than-2-minutes
FAB 3000 (CAM Software)
FAB 3000 is a professional CAM software package targeted for anyone who would like to have "high-end" CAM software to run advanced DRC/DFM verification, generate component centroids, create SMT Stencil pads, Panelize PCBs, and perform many other useful features. Download Now
Get Numerical Cloud for only $75/month. Includes FAB 3000 (CAM Software), ACE 3000, and EasyGerb. Runs on up to 3 computers. Easily perform all Design Integrity Checks on your Gerber and ODB++ files. No contracts and cancel anytime.